How can I help the trail?
You can hike or bike the trail and and tell us a fun story of your trip (Tag #crosstowntrail or #sfcrosstowntrail). In addition, you can volunteer with one of the groups who work along the trail. or get some swag.
Locations with T-Shirts and caps
- Mission Blue SF in Visitacion Valley (On the trail at Leland and the Visication Valley Greenway)
- Bird & Beckett Books in Glen Park (2 blocks from the trail on Chenery)
- Online via Nature in the City
- SF Urban Riders works on the Laguna Honda Community Trail System every 2nd Saturday of the month.
- Nature in the City works on the Green Hairstreak Corridor every third Saturday of the month, in addition to other projects at places such as the Alemany Farm. (Calendar)
- The Visitacion Valley Greenway holds a monthly third Saturday garden project, 10AM – 1PM. Meet at the Community Garden (near 141 Arleta Avenue). Contact Fran Martin if interested.
Join the Crosstown Trail Coalition!
In 2019, we’re doing two big things: Making the route of the trail public, and reinforcing that with hikes and bike rides.
Want to help make this come to life? Can you help test and improve maps, directions, or our web site? Build out the web site or an app to help people find their way along the trail?
Want to help at an event? We need help in all areas: from planning and leading hikes and rides to hosting participants at fixed points along the trail.
Please reach out to us and we’ll plug you in! Drop us a note at crosstowntrail@gmail, and don’t forget to sign up for our mailing list (below).